Approaches for migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013
There are various approaches for migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013.
There are two way for migration SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 and the way is
- Database Attach
- Content migration
- This option upgrades the database schema by attaching a content database from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010.
- Then you upgrade again by attaching it to SharePoint 2013. This requires an intermediate environment of SharePoint 2010.
- Essentially, it involves twice the migration effort and an extra environment to build and support.
This option allows for direct migration of content from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013.
It does not involve the upgrade of the database schema.
It requires a third-party migration tool and can be run directly on the target SharePoint 2013 environment. In short, the tool scans the current SharePoint 2007 sites and libraries, creates new sites and structures in 2013, and copies content to the new libraries and lists while retaining the metadata, security and other properties.
Apart from this there are also various
These are tool’s
- AvePoint DocAve
- Axceler ControlPoint
- Metalogix Migration Manager for SharePoint
- Metavis Migration Suite
- Quest Migration Manager for SharePoint
You may like following SharePoint migration tutorials
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration-Your FAQs Answered
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft
- [Video Tutorial] Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration Blog
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- SharePoint 2013 Document library checkboxes missing after migration from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration Custom New Folder in Ribbon Disabled
Hope this tutorial gives an idea on various approaches for migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.