This SharePoint designer 2010 workflow tutorial explains, how we can apply HTML styling in email template in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow.
Get SharePoint Online (Office 365 Enterprise E3) Subscription for your Business NOW
Here in designer workflow, we can use the HTML tags only. I really doubt wether we can able to use css or not. To use HTML inside form template follow below steps:
Open the SharePoint 2010 site in SharePoint 2010 designer. Then from the Site Objects select Workflows and from the list of all workflow select the workflow. Then click on Edit workflow.
Then click on the Approval link as shown in the figure below:
Then from the Customization section, click on “Change the behavior of a single task“.
Then from the When a Task is Pending section, in the Email task notification Action, Select Properties as shown in the figure below:
Then in the Send a Task Notification Email Properties window, In the Body click on … as shown in the figure below:
The above step will open the StringBuilder. Then in that window you can use your HTML tags inside the StringBuilder and Click on OK as shown in the fig below:
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- Tutorial on Create SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Attach workflow to the content type in SharePoint 2010
- Reusable Approval workflow in SharePoint designer 2010
- Change due date for Task list in SharePoint designer 2010 workflow
- Impersonation step in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
- Difference between SharePoint designer and Visual Studio workflows
- Creating Multiple Tasks from a SharePoint 2010 Workflow
- Deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
Hope this SharePoint 2010 tutorial helps to apply HTML to an email template in SharePoint designer 2010 workflow.