Here we will discuss application page in SharePoint 2013.
An application page is an ASP.NET Web page that is designed for use in a SharePoint Web site. Application pages are a specialized type of ASP.NET page. The primary difference between an application page and a standard ASP.NET page is that an application page contains content that is merged with a SharePoint master page. A master page enables application pages to share the same appearance and behavior as other pages on a site.
Application pages in SharePoint 2013 is a very useful concept.
– Application pages are shared across all sites on the server farm.
– They are deployed under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS folder.
– They are available through a virtual directory namely _layout.
– These pages are basically for administrative tasks.
– To create an application page using Visual Studio 2015 is very easy. By using the template Application Page you can create an application page. You can check out: How to create application pages in SharePoint 2013 using Visual Studio 2013?
– By default, the page will use the default.master page.
– The page is derived from the base class LayoutsPageBase which is derived from Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls namespace.
– Application pages cannot be personalized or customized by the end user because they are defined on the file system.
– Example of the application page is settings.aspx.
Read SharePoint 2013 csom articles:
- Steps to add items from CSV file to SharePoint Online List using PowerShell in CSOM
- Different Ways to enable User Information List in SharePoint 2013
- Retrieve list content types using csom in SharePoint online or SharePoint 2013
- Activate SharePoint Server Publishing Feature programmatically using C#.Net .net managed object model code
- Activate Workflows can use app permissions Feature using client side object model csom in SharePoint online
- Office 365 SharePoint online Create a list from custom list template using client object model csom
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: