This SharePoint tutorial, we will see how to fix error Another site or list is still using this content type which comes when trying to delete a content type from the site collection.
Recently for one of our custom visual studio workflow 2015 requirement we created few content types (inherited from Workflow Task (SharePoint 2013) content type). We have used these content types in our task list on various sites and subsites.
Now when we try to delete the content types we got the below error:
Sorry, something went wrong.
Another site or list is still using this content type. If you would still like to delete it please remove the content type from all sites and lists and then try again
Another site or list is still using this content type
We have removed the content types from the attached SharePoint list. And then we removed the items from the recycle bin too. But still, it was showing the same error.
The above exercise we have in all the lists and libraries from the sites and also from the subsites. But still, it was showing the error.
Then I noticed, we have created two items by using the content type in one of our task lists.
When we delete the above items from the list, I can able to delete the content types from the SharePoint list.
You may like following SharePoint content type tutorials:
- Change content type recursively using PowerShell SharePoint 2013
- Delete content type from SharePoint list using PowerShell
- How to get all content types using csom in SharePoint
- Content type Examples using CSOM in SharePoint
- Hide content type field in edit form in SharePoint Online
- Report Data Source content type is missing in SharePoint
- Create Site Column and Content Type using PowerShell in SharePoint
- How to add default content to document sets content type in SharePoint Online
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com