In this post, we will discuss how to resolve the below issue which comes while running a visual studio workflow for SharePoint online site.
Recently as per our requirements, we were developing few workflows for our SharePoint online site using Visual Studio 2015. In one of the workflow, we were creating various tasks using “Single Task” workflow activity.
But when we run the workflow it gave the below error:
RequestorId: fe62cfea-bccf-5107-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentException: AssignedTo at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity Throw If Sequence Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.OperatingWebContextScope Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.SingleTask Sequence MyCustomTaskFormDemo.MyTestWorkflow.WorkflowXaml_b5a2cce1_a658_4396_a564_84feae343a0b
The error looks like below:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance
The issue was there with the assignto field where we were assigning the email id for which we need to create the task.
In the Assigned to: filed, I gave a wrong email id.
Once I gave the correct email id, the issue got resolved.
You may like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- Query list from another SharePoint Online subsite using Rest API and Nintex workflows
- SharePoint Designer Workflow 2013 Error: Windows Workflow Foundation, part of .Net Framework 3.0, must be installed to use this feature
- How to hide approve reject workflow approval button from ribbon in SharePoint online using css?
- Activate Workflows can use app permissions Feature programmatically using C#.Net .net managed object model code
- SharePoint Approved and Rejected buttons not appearing in task form in Visual Studio workflow
- Create a Leave request approval workflow in SharePoint using Out of box workflow
- Create a Leave request approval workflow using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online
- Create a Leave Request Approval Workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013
I hope this tutorial will be helpful to fix error An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentException AssignedTo.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com