This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to solve the issue which comes in SharePoint 2013 in IE 11. The error comes when the user clicks on the name in the welcome link especially in IE 11. The error comes as:
An error has occurred with the data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry.
SharePoint Tutorial Contents
an error has occurred with the data fetch. please refresh the page and retry
The below solution worked for us:
Open IE 11 browser. Go to the Tools tab and then click on Internet options.
Then select the Privacy tab then click on the Advanced button as shown in the fig below:
Select “Override automatic cookie handling” then select “Accept” for First-party cookies and Third-party cookies then select “Always allow session cookies” then Click on Ok.
Then Close all your IE 11 browser sessions and open IE 11 again to check the issue. The issue should be solved.
The above solution fixed our issue, but if that did not work for you, you can try below solution also:
Click Compatibility View Settings
Add the current site to your compatibility view
You can try below solution as well, but I have not tried this solution:
Go to Tools -> Internet options Then click on Advanced and uncheck the “Enable DOM Storage” option.
Close the browser and try reopening again.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint Online Migration Steps using Metalogix tool
- Browsers Supported in SharePoint online SharePoint 2016/2013
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint Online page viewer web part
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- SharePoint 2013 Image was not appearing in IE but appearing in Chrome and Firefox
- Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded while downloading SharePoint server 2016 in IE
- You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page
- The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import sharepoint 2016
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve an error has occurred with the data fetch please refresh the page and retry in SharePoint 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com