In this post, we will discuss how to resolve the issue which comes in SharePoint 2013 in IE 11. The error comes when user click on name in welcome link especially in IE 11. The error comes as:
An error has occurred with the data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry.
– SharePoint Server 2016 Installation Step by Step
– SharePoint 2013 designer workflow error Workflow cancelled failed to start
– Rest API Create folder inside document library in SharePoint 2013 and Delete folder from Document library using Rest API
The below solution worked for us:
– Open IE 11 browser. Go to Tools tab and then Click on Internet options.
– Then select Privacy tab then click on Advanced button as shown in the fig below:
– Select “Override automatic cookie handling” then select “Accept” for First-party cookies and Third-party cookies then select “Always allow session cookies” then Click on Ok.
Then Close all your IE 11 browser sessions and open IE 11 again to check the issue. The issue should be solved.
The above solution fixed our issue, but if that did not work for you, you can try below solution also:
Click Compatibility View Settings
Add the current site to your compatibility view
You can try below solution as well, but I have not tried this solution: Followed from this article.
Go to Tools -> Internet options Then click on Advanced and uncheck “Enable DOM storage” option.
Close the browser and try reopening again.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.