While development sometimes we need to traverse between functions and for that what I had been doing is always hitting the Ctrl+F key to find my function by its name but there is a lot easier way around to do this and that is Bookmarking the line number which SharePoint Designer provides.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
How to do?
I believe it is quite simple. Steps -:
1. To add bookmark to a line just bring your cursor to that point where you want to locate frequently and hit the Ctrl+F2 key . Example – : lets say Your cursor is in line number ‘x ‘ just hit the Ctrl+F2 , bookmark will be added to that line .
2. Now lets say you move to line number ‘y ‘ which may be thousands line after ‘x ‘ and you want to reach to line number ‘x ‘ directly . You have 2 options -:
a) Remember the Line Number ‘x ‘ and hit the Ctrl+G key and provide the exact line number(which is ‘x ‘) . I don’t like this as I am not good at remembering line numbers .So I will go with second approach.
b) As I had already added the bookmark in line number ‘x ‘ I will just hit the ‘F2’ key and I will be directed to the line number ‘x ‘ from any line number . This is really wonderful and saves a lot of time .
Note -: 1) You can add ‘n’ number of Bookmarks.
2)You can traverse forward by hitting ‘F2’ key and backward by hitting ‘Shift+F2’ key .
3)If you want to clear your bookmarks hit Edit Tab present in ribbon bar of designer and click on ‘Clear Bookmarks’.
Read SharePoint branding tutorials
- Steps to create a master page using design manager in SharePoint 2013
- Enable sp.js in Publishing Pages in SharePoint 2013
- Project Site Creation Using Nintex Workflows 2013 based on an Enterprise Project Type
- SharePoint Online Branding: Display List items into a page using AngularJS and REST API in SharePoint online or SharePoint 2016/2013
- SharePoint Online branding Creating Accordion Widget or Collapsible panel with Bootstrap
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)