While development sometimes we need to traverse between functions and for that what I had been doing is always hitting the Ctrl+F key to find my function by its name but there is a lot easier way around to do this and that is Bookmarking the line number which SharePoint Designer provides.
How to do?
I believe it is quite simple. Steps -:
1. To add bookmark to a line just bring your cursor to that point where you want to locate frequently and hit the Ctrl+F2 key . Example – : lets say Your cursor is in line number ‘x ‘ just hit the Ctrl+F2 , bookmark will be added to that line .
2. Now lets say you move to line number ‘y ‘ which may be thousands line after ‘x ‘ and you want to reach to line number ‘x ‘ directly . You have 2 options -:
a) Remember the Line Number ‘x ‘ and hit the Ctrl+G key and provide the exact line number(which is ‘x ‘) . I don’t like this as I am not good at remembering line numbers .So I will go with second approach.
b) As I had already added the bookmark in line number ‘x ‘ I will just hit the ‘F2’ key and I will be directed to the line number ‘x ‘ from any line number . This is really wonderful and saves a lot of time .
Note -: 1) You can add ‘n’ number of Bookmarks.
2)You can traverse forward by hitting ‘F2’ key and backward by hitting ‘Shift+F2’ key .
3)If you want to clear your bookmarks hit Edit Tab present in ribbon bar of designer and click on ‘Clear Bookmarks’.
Read SharePoint branding tutorials
- Steps to create a master page using design manager in SharePoint 2013
- Enable sp.js in Publishing Pages in SharePoint 2013
- Project Site Creation Using Nintex Workflows 2013 based on an Enterprise Project Type
- SharePoint Online Branding: Display List items into a page using AngularJS and REST API in SharePoint online or SharePoint 2016/2013
- SharePoint Online branding Creating Accordion Widget or Collapsible panel with Bootstrap
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: