Add hyperlink in InfoPath 2013 in SharePoint 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This InfoPath SharePoint tutorial explains, how to add a hyperlink to an Infopath 2013 form in SharePoint Online. We can use hyperlink control in Infopath for two purposes one is to add a clickable link and the other one is to give URL to an InfoPath form.
Infopath 2013 has two different kinds of hyperlinks in the UI. One is in the Insert tab which is shown in the below pics. Here the user has the option to edit the hyperlink URL and the text to be displayed in it.
Once you put the hyperlink from the Insert tab it will ask you for the Address and Text to be displayed.
The other one is inside the controls list.
Go to the Home tab and then from the Controls click on Hyperlink. Once it will add you will able to see field1 and field 2 under myFields in Fields section. Here field1 is responsible for the URL and field 2 is responsible for the text to be displayed in the hyperlink.
Now right click on field1 and go to the properties, in the properties dialog box give the URL in the Value textbox as shown in the fig below:
Now right click on field2 and go to properties. In the properties dialog box in the value textbox gives the text to be displayed as shown in the fig below:
Now preview the InfoPath form, the hyperlink will appear like below.
You may like following InfoPath SharePoint tutorial:
- How to show calculated date in a field in Infopath SharePoint 2010?
- Add multiple lookup columns to SharePoint list InfoPath form
- Validate email address in InfoPath 2010
- Phone number validation in InfoPath 2010
- Zip code validation in InfoPath 2010
- How to hide ribbon in InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint 2010?
- Add fields to a library after a form has been published in Infopath SharePoint 2010
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- Unable to connect SharePoint site. The Operation could not be completed error in InfoPath 2013 SharePoint Online
I hope this InfoPath 2013 tutorial explains how to add hyperlink control in InfoPath 2013/2010 form in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.