This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to add a custom destination to a different document library in ECB menu in SharePoint 2010.
Here I have created two document library one name is SourceDocLib and DestinationDocLib. When ever you will go to Send to option in ECB menu then here we will add the option to send the item to the DestinationDocLib.
Add custom send to destination in ECB menu in SharePoint 2010
Follow below steps to add a custom send to destination in ECB menu in SharePoint 2010.
Open the source document library. And from the ribbon Library Tools -> Library and then click on Library Settings.
From the General Settings section click on Advanced settings. This will open the Advanced Settings page.
In the advanced settings page go to Custom Send To Destination section. And there Destination name and URL. Here I have given the Destination document library (DestinationDocLib) name and the URL (http://bsahoo3:2500/sites/MyTest/DestinationDocLib/). And then click on OK as shown in the figure below:
Now open the ECB menu of the source doc library, you will able to see the change as shown in the figure below:
You may like following SharePoint 2010 tutorials:
- How to use the WebProvisioned event in SharePoint 2010?
- How to display or show breadcrumbs in SharePoint 2010?
- How to use Language Integrated Query LINQ in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010?
- SPSecurityTrimmedControl in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Add a custom web part to the page layout in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010
- Sandboxed solutions in SharePoint 2010
- How to create a flyout menu in sharepoint 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 tutorial
- Create Visual Web Part using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Disadvantages of external lists in BCS Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013/2010
- SharePoint Development Best Practices [Custom Development using Visual Studio]
- Enable Anonymous Access in SharePoint 2010
- How to Enable the ECB menu on a custom column in SharePoint 2013?
Hope this SharePoint 2010 tutorial helps to add custom send to destination in ECB menu in SharePoint 2010.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.