Access denied when clicking on Save list as template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how we can resolve the access denied issue which comes when we are trying to save a list as a template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. Even if you have full control of the site or in subsite sometimes you will get the access denied issue.
Reason for access denied saving a list as template SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Whenever you save the list as a template, the template (.stp) files stored in the top-level site’s List Template Gallery in SharePoint. So if you have only read access to the Gallery then you will not be able to save the list as a template even if you have full control in the subsite where you want to save the list as a template.
Solution to access denied save a list as template SharePoint
We need to provide user the Full Control or at least Design role on the List Template Gallery in the top-level site in the SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. Read SharePoint 2016 permission levels.
You can go to the main site and then site settings > Galleries > List template gallery.
You may like following SharePoint list tutorials:
- Sorry this site hasn’t been shared with you while saving a list as a template in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include the specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- SharePoint2013 Use of PreSaveAction Function on list forms
- The list is too large to save as a template. The size of a template cannot exceed 10485760 bytes in SharePoint
- How to rename Save or Cancel button text on SharePoint 2013 List Forms?
- How to use PreSaveAction() in newform.aspx in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 List
- How to display more than 3 views in SharePoint 2013/2016 list or document library
- Add SharePoint 2016/2013 List/Library Columns to view programmatically using the server object model in Visual Studio 2017
- Change SharePoint Online/2013/2016 List Column Order
- Working with Survey List in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to solve Access denied error when clicking on Save list as a template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)