We have recently migrated from the Moss 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010 and after migration we have several users complain about that they get access Denied error message on accessing parent site collection despite they are having access on the site.
Error: Access Denied on the site collection level, though they have permissions.
We user to activate a feature in the MOSS 2007 using stsadm -o activatefeature -name “Feature
Name” -url https://siteurl.net/sites/sites, after the site creation to have Branding enabled on it.
After Migration, this feature is automatically activated on the web application level. Hence there is no need to activate it manually to apply standard branding on the newly created site.
– Checked user permission on the group.
– Added the user explicitly to the SharePoint group or individually.
– Removed the user form the site collection and added again.
– Added the user to site collection admin group.
Note: We have seen Master page Gallery on the site collection level is using the unique permissions.
Whereas it has to be inherent from the site collection.
– Added the NT Authority\Authenticated Users to the Master Page Gallery with Read permissions.
– Change the permissions of the site to inherit from the site collection level.
– Add the NT Authority\Authenticated Users to the style library with Read Permissions.
Read some SharePoint tutorials below:
- SharePoint Workflow Interview Questions and Answers
- SharePoint performance is down, factors to be considered.
- SharePoint 2013 PowerShell Commands
- SharePoint warning message for low disk space
SharePoint 2010. SharePoint Foundation 2010. SharePoint Server 2013
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: