This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve “A different version of this App is already installed with the same version number. You need to delete the app from the site and the site recycles bin to install this version” error which comes while trying to add a SharePoint hosted app in SharePoint Online Office 365 site.
While working with developing a SharePoint hosted app for SharePoint online I got the above error.
First time when I deploy and add the app into the site, I did not receive any error but next time when I modify something and then try to add again, I got the error which looks like below:
A different version of this App is already installed with the same version number. You need to delete the app from the site and the site recycle bin to install this version
Below the things, I have tried and it worked for me.
First Delete the App and delete the app from the recycle bin (first stage).
Even if you delete the app from the first recycle bin it will still give the same error.
We have to delete from the second stage recycle bin. To do this open Site Contents page and then click on RECYCLE BIN link like below:
Then on the Recycle Bin page, in the down, you can see “Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check the Second-stage recycle bin”. Click on the Second-stage recycle bin to open the second stage recycle bin.
There you can see the add-in will be presented there. Select the add-in and click on the Delete button to delete from the second stage recycle bin like below:
You may like following SharePoint Add-in tutorials:
- How to create choice type site column and add mapping inside SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint 2013 Online?
- SharePoint Hosted App: Get Data from Host Web
- The required version of SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server is not installed on this system while developing SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint 2016
- Steps to create a provider-hosted add-in in SharePoint Online and host in Microsoft Azure using the Import method
- Set up an On-Premise development environment for SharePoint Add-in or Apps development in SharePoint 2016/2013
- How to send email to SharePoint group in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint hosted add in SharePoint online?
After this, if you will try to add, then you will not get the error “A different version of this App is already installed with the same version number. You need to delete the app from the site and the site recycle bin to install this version“.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com