This SharePoint tutorial, how to resolve the below issue which comes while deploying a farm solution in SharePoint 2016/2013. The error might come in SharePoint 2013 and the steps are the same to resolve the issue in SharePoint 2016 also.
Recently we have developed a SharePoint farm solution and when we were trying to deploy the below error comes.
Error occurred in deployment step ‘Retract Solution’: A communication error has occurred while invoking commands in SharePoint host process: The server did not provide a meaningful reply; this might be caused by a contract mismatch, a premature session shutdown or an internal server error. It looks like below:
Error occurred in deployment step ‘Retract Solution’: A communication error has occurred while invoking commands in SharePoint host process
The solution to resolve the issue is to increase the “Shutdown Time Limit (seconds)” and to increase the Startup Time limit (seconds) in Application pool.
To do so, open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and then select the particular application pool on Application Pools. Once selecting the particular application pool, from the right side Actions click on Advanced Settings…
Then expand the Process Model if it is not already expanded. And then change the Shutdown Time Limit (seconds) and Startup Time limit (seconds). By default it will be 90 seconds, in my case I have increased it to 180 seconds like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint online error We are sorry but email can not be found in the site name directory visual studio 2015
- the name configurationmanager does not exist in the current context in SharePoint Online
- Develop SharePoint workflows using visual studio as SharePoint hosted App
- An unhandled exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerException ocurred in Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.dll Cannot complete this action
- The type or namespace WorkflowServicesManager could not be found an error in csom SharePoint Online
- The property or field Id has not be initialized. It has not been requested or the request has not been executed error in SharePoint
- Call Web API from SharePoint Online using httpsend workflow activity
- The field of type taxonomyfieldtype cannot be used in the query filter expression in SharePoint Online visual studio workflow
This tutorial, we learned how to fix, Error occurred in deployment step ‘Retract Solution’: A communication error has occurred while invoking commands in SharePoint host process.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com