If you want to see if your web apps are using Claims Based Authentication just do the following:
1. Go to Central Admin > Application Management > Manage Web Applications
2. Click on one of your web applications
3. On the ribbon click the Authentication Providers Button
4. Click on a Zone (For Example Default)
5. Look at the type of Authentication that is configured.
6. If you are using Claims you will see the relevant options, if Not you will see Windows as the Auth Type
You can configure claims after a web app has been created but it takes some powershell and will also cause you to convert the user tokens to claims based.