In this post we will discuss why we need to create apps for SharePoint 2013? Ok, According to MSDN Apps for SharePoint are easy-to-use, lightweight web applications that integrate popular web standards and technologies to extend the capabilities of a SharePoint website.
Also you can check out:
Before developing an app for SharePoint, we should know why we need an app for SharePoint? Check out below points:
- Development Benefits:
1. Rather than SharePoint a platform, for Apps Web is the platform. If you can build a simple web application, then you can build an app for SharePoint. No more SharePoint dependancy.
3. Now you can communicate to public web services apart for internal web services.
- Hosting Benefits:
1. In case of App, you have various option to host the app, We can fully host in SharePoint, We can also host part in SharePoint and part in Cloud.
- Office Benefits:
1. Apps for SharePoint can be integrated with apps for Office.
2. You can use Office store to sell you SharePoint Apps and Office stores will handle end to end business process from purchase to updates. Also you can deploy an app to company's App Catalog.
- Other Benefits:
1. Now you will get a familiar web experience, because apps fit seamlessly into SharePoint web sites. It will fit to a full page, or a part of a webpage or into UI custom actions, ribbons or menus. So you will feel a good UI experience in computer, mobile or tablet etc.