In this article we will explore the major steps involved in updating a SharePoint app and its deployment after the modifications are done. Generally SharePoint app creation is simple but a problem arises when we try to modify or update it. This article highlights the major steps that can help to do that.
Also check out:
Major steps in updating an app:
The following are the major steps involved in updating a SharePoint app after it has been published once and needs to be published again after the changes are made.
Only the items marked with * are always required:
- Update the app manifest after making the code changes.
- Raise the Version number in the App element of the appmanifest.xml file. Do not change the ProductID number.
- Then rebuild the app solution and publish the app.
- Override the created app site (App Catalogue in this case) with the newly created app.
- Now go to your custom web application site and use the following procedure as captured in the screenshot:
- Click on Trust it. It takes some time to update the current app and then you are done.
- Click on the newer version of the app and get your changes reflected in the app.