In this article we explore how to configure workflow infrastructure 2013.
I installed Sharepoint Designer 2013 and tried to create SharePoint 2013 workflow but there was no option to select platform type as "SharePoint 2013 Workflow" and getting the following message in SharePoint Designer 2013: The Option for the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Platform is not available because the Workflow service is not configured on the server.
Also you can check out:
Here are the steps:
1. Make sure Workflow Manager 1.0 for SharePoint 2013 server is installed and configured properly. If workflow manager 1.0 not installed follow below url
- Download and install the workflow individual components from this URL
2. Verify that all the following services are running: (To check service status, Press Windows key+R and type services.msc)
- Workflow Manager Backend
- Windows Fabric Host Service
- Service Bus Gateway
3. Open "Sharepoint 2013 Management Shell" and run following command:
Enable-SPFeature -Identity WorkflowServiceStore –Url $yourUrl
replace $yourUrl with your site collection URL.
In my case, I was getting message the feature was already activated at that site.
4. Open IIS, Verify "Workflow Management Site" is working fine.
You can determine which ports SharePoint Server 2013 and Workflow Manager are using for both HTTP and HTTPS by using IIS Manager as shown in the figure.
5. You need register the workflow service with an existing site collection by using the following Register-SPWorkflowService cmdlet. Execute it in the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell. Please ensure you use the following syntax:
Register-SPWorkflowService –SPSite "http://svr7007/" –WorkflowHostUri "https://svr7007:12290? –AllowOAuthHttp
Change port number if you want use HTTP(12291) or HTTPS(12290) to communicate between Workflow Manager and SharePoint Server 2013.
6. Finally, open SharePoint Designer 2013 and check you can create SharePoint 2013 workflows