In this post we will disucss how we can create a site column in SharePoint 2013. Also you can check out:
Follow below steps to create site column in SharePoint 2013:
1. Go to your site and click on site settings.
2. Click on site columns under "Web Designer Galleries".
3. Click on Create from the top to create site column as shown in the fig below:
4. Then in the Create Column page, provide the column name and then chose column type.
5. In the group section choose existing group if you want to add the column to an existing group else choose New group and provide the group name.
6. Click on ok and your site column is ready to use.
7. Now you can check in the Site Columns page, it will show the custom site column which we create now like below. (Site Settings -> Go to Site columns under Web Designer Galleries)