In this post we will discuss how to create a list workflow using SharePoint designer 2010. Also you can check out my previous posts on:
Follow below steps:
1. To Create a list workflow we have to create a custom list and then create columns as per your requirement.
2. Now open designer,give your site url.
3. It will open all the site contents.
4. Click on List and Libraries from left site.
5. It will show all the list and library present in tour site.
6. Choose your custom list from right side and click on new to create workflow.
7. Now one dialog box appear which ask for workflow name and description.
8. Provide the name and description as shown in the fig below.
9. Now it will show the screen to add condition and action for the workflow.
10. For example you can choose the condition as below.
11. In the field provide the list column name and in the value provide value of the field.
12. Now place the cursor below condition add the action as follows.
13. After creating condition and action your workflow will look like below.
14. Then click on save and publish.
15. Then click on workflows from left side to set workflow settings.
16. Now you can see that your workflow is created.
17. Click on the your workflow name from right side.
18. From the start option check start workflow automatically when item is created and uncheck other two option.
19. Now again save and publish.
20. Now your workflow will run whenever item is added to the list.