In this post we will discuss how to show external content type using business data web part in SharePoint 2013.
Also you can check out:
1. First we edit that page, where we want to show the External Content Type (ECT) list.
2. Now go to the Ribbon, and click on INSERT tab and Select the Business Data Web Part Categories and click on Business Data List. See in fig
3. Now edit this Web Part. See in fig
4. From Edit Business Data List Web Part properties, Click for choose the Type for External Content Type Picker. See in fig
5. Now One Wizard is open, in this wizard showing all External Data Source. Now you select the one External Data Source, Which you want to display in page and click OK. See in fig
6. Now in properties panel, you able to see the Type, view and Display toolbar option. See in fig
7. After this Click on Apply and OK.
8. Save the page.
9. Now you able to see your External Content Type List Column with item. See in fig. in this no item is showing, because in this list I don’t have item.