In this post we will discuss about SHAREPOINT\System account in SharePoint 2010.
Also you can check out some posts on:
Most of the time we will see data has been modified under the name as SHAREPOINT\System account. Here are some point about the System account.
- SHAREPOINT\Systemaccount is the same account used by application pool of your SharePoint web application in IIS at the time of creation or extension of respective web application.
- This is the account which is used when you run your code in under elevated privileges by SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges.
RunWithElevatedPrivileges executes the specified method with Full Control rights even if the user does not otherwise have Full Control. Whenever we use SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges (), it will execute the code under the context of Application Pool identity.
- When you create/extend a web application in SharePoint and specify an Application Pool then the identity (Network Account) used by that Application pool becomes the SHAREPOINT\System account.
- It is highly recommended that end user should not be allowed to use this account to avoid unexpected errors.
- If you change the identity of App Pool account after creating or extending the SharePoint web application, the new account will not become the SHAREPOINT\System.