In this post we will discuss how to resolve one IE 7 issue while downloading files in SharePoint 2010. Also you can check out some posts on:
Whenever user is trying to download a file form SharePoint site its Spaces gets replaced with the special character underscore (-).
A user had a long file names with spaces and when he downloads the file. The spaces gets replaced with underscore _. For example: file name "Amardeep SharePoint Public.ppt" will be replaced with "Amardeep_SharePoint_Public.ppt".
- Tried every possible solution to check on this issue such as uploading multiple file with different extensions.
- Tried files with short names and long names.
- Tried repairing the office package.
- It was showing issue on most of the machines, however on the machine where we had IE 8 and above this working as expected.
- It was more of an issue with the machine where we have IE 7 and was not upgraded yet.
- If this is the case then there should be a justification, some publication available from Microsoft.
- Showing some more curiosity had led me to the resolution of the issue.
There was hotfix released by MicroSoft and it’s a known issue with IE7 only.
You can also have your IE upgraded to next version to have this issue resolved.
Read at my Blog:
Applies to: IE 7, SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010.