In this post we will discuss about SharePoint 2013 limits on List and Document library as well as Security limits. In the part-1
we have discussed about SharePoint 2013
limits towards web application and Site collection level.
List and Document library Limits:
- List or library row size can be of 8000 bytes per row.
- The default maximum file size is 250 MB. But you can configure it up to 2 GB but as the size increases it will give some performance issue.
- There can be 30,000,000 documents stored per document library.
- 400,000 major versions supported for a file.
- The maximum number of minor file versions is 511. This limit cannot be exceeded.
- There can have 30,000,000 items per list.
- The user interface allows a maximum of 100 items to be selected for bulk operations.
- You can do 8 join operation per query. If the query uses more than eight joins, the operation is blocked.
- The list threshold limit is 5,000 items per list.
- List view threshold for auditors and administrators is 20,000.
- There can be 2000 sub site per site view.
- There can have 10 concurrent editors per document for coauthoring in word or PowerPoint files.
- The maximum number of unique security scopes set for a list cannot exceed 50,000.
SharePoint 2013 security limits:
- A user can belongs to maximum of 5000 SharePoint groups.
- You can add 2 million per users per site collection.
- In SharePoint 2013 you can add 5000 users to a SharePoint group.
- In SharePoint 2013 you can add upto 10,000 groups per site collection.