Here we will discuss about some reasons why performance issue causes in SharePoint 2010. Basically when we are using SharePoint object model code.
In this article we will discuss what are the main reasons of performance issue in SharePoint 2010.
We should be very careful while writing SharePoint Object Model code. SPDisposeCheck
is a tool which tells us about whether all the objects are disposed properly or not.
Also you can check out:
Here are some reason that might causes performance issues:
- If you do not dispose properly SPSite and SPWeb objects, then it will cause performance issue of your site.
- Suppose you have a larger list, then you should execute a query on the list rather than iterating through large items.
- If you are avoiding SPSiteDataQuery
, instead of for each loops to aggregate SharePoint data.
- Using recursive method calls to iterate through information in every site within a site collection.
- If you fail to close external connections after use, then it might cause performance issue of your SharePoint site.
- While connecting to external systems and fails to trap timeouts.
- If you are using session state then you should be very careful because overuse or improper use of session state will cause huge performance issue.
- Not using of caching like blob caching,Profile caching, Output Caching, Object Caching etc.