In this post we will discuss about how we can setup alerts in SharePoint 2013 for list or document library. Also you can check out:
Alerts in SharePoint 2013 has some advanced features compared to SharePoint 2013 alerts.
Steps to Setup Alert?
- First Open the list, document library or discussion for which you want to setup the alert.
- Under either the Documents or Library tabs, click on Alert Me as shown in the fig below:
- Then it will open the New Alert dialogbox.
- give a title for the Alert.
- you can enter the username or email address to which you want to send the alerts.
- You can select the Change type for which you can send the alert. It has options like: All changes, New items are added, Existing items are modified, Items are deleted.
- You can set send alerts to these change and the changes are like: Anthing changes, Someone else changes a document, Someone else changes a document created by me, Someone else changes a document last modified by me.
- You can also set When you want to send the Alerts like: Send notifications immediately, Send a daily summary, Send a weekly summary or also you can set a particular time. See the fig below:
Then click on OK.