In this post we will discuss what is Sandboxed solutions in SharePoint 2010.
- This is a new concept comes in SharePoint 2010.
- A sandbox is a restricted execution environment that enables programs to access only certain resources, and that keeps problems that occur in the sandbox from affecting the rest of the server environment.
- A user can deploy a solution package to SharePoint server farm and also the solution can be deployed to that sandbox.
- To deploy something in the sandbox you do not need any farm level administration privileges.
- Sandboxed solutions can be added to a production SharePoint Server environment without the risk of affecting processes outside the sandbox.
- The components that we can deploy in SharePoint sandbox are: web part, Event receivers, feature receivers, customizing Sharepoint designer workflows,List definitions,List instances, Content Types etc.
And some of the thing that we can not do in sandbox are: Visual web part.
- To work with Sandbox you need to start the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation User code service. To activate this go to Central Administration -> Services on Server SP2010 and there activate Microsoft SharePoint Foundation User Code Service.
- If you deploy in Sandbox then you do not need any IIS reset.