In this post we will discuss how we can rename the default column Name in a document library using SharePoint 2010 designer. Also you can check out some posts on:
Follow below step to change the Name column name:
- Open the site using SharePoint designer 2010.
- Then click on "List and Libraries" from the Site Objects from the left side.
- Then click on the document library for which you want to rename the column.
- The above step will open the list settings page where you can view and manage settings for the list or document library. There from the Customization section click on "Edit list columns" as shown in the fig below:
- Then select the Name column and Right click and click Rename and change to the column name what ever you want as shown in the fig below:
- Now Save it and refresh the document libray the modified column name will appear like below: