In this post we will discuss about My Site Cleanup Job in SharePoint 2013.
Also you can check out:
Here are some point about My Site Cleanup Job:
- The My Site Cleanup Job is responsible for deleting user profiles and My Sites of those users.
- The My Site Cleanup Timer Job runs by default once per hour.
- On the Monitoring page, in the Timer Jobs section. You can click Review job definitions to see a list of all timer jobs.
How My Site cleanup Job deletes the unused my sites?
- Remove user profiles that are queued for deletion. If those users have a My Site, assign the user's manager as the SPSite.SecondaryContact. Email the manager letting them know that the user's My Site will be deleted in 14 days.
- 11 days after the first notification, email the manager again letting them know that the My Site will be deleted in 3 days. After a total of 14 days, delete the MySite.