In this post we will discuss how to resolve the error "Microsoft SharePoint Designer does not support editing non-SharePoint sites" which comes in SharePoint designer 2010.
Also you can check out my previous posts on:
This error comes when I try to Open a SharePoint 2010 site using SharePoint 2010 designer. The error message was: Microsoft SharePoint Designer does not support editing non-SharePoint sites.
To resolve this issue follow below steps:
- Open SharePoint 2010 Central Administration and then click on Security from the left side.
- Then click on Specify authentication providers.
- If the Web application in the Web Application list is not the same application that you want to open in SharePoint Designer 2010, click Web Application on the Change Web Application list. Then click on the web application name that you want to open.
- Under Zone, Click Default to open the Edit Authentication page.
- Under Enable Client Integration, click Yes, and then click Save
After this restart your SharePoint designer once and the error should not come now.