In this post we will discuss how to create udcx file for main data connection in infopath. Also check out some posts on:
To create an UDCX file follow the below steps.
Step-1: Create data connection library
1. Open your sharepoint server and click on Add on list, library and other app.
2. Then click on the Data connection library and provide the name an click on create.
3. Now your data connection library is created and now will go to next step.
Step-2 Create udcx file.
1. Open your infopath form and click on Data->Data connection.
2. From the dialog box click on your data connection name you want to convert and then click on "Convert to connection file".
3. Now it will ask for the data connection path we created on step-1.
4. Provide the udcx file name as below.
http://site url/dataconnection library name/udcx file name.
5. Then click on ok as shown in the fig below:
6. Now go to your site and approve tha udcx file uploaded in data connetion library
7. Now you can work with your udcx file using rules to retrieve data.