There will be always a problem if we are creating large workflow in our organization that will always occur an error called “The Default Size of the SharePoint 2013 workflow is 5 MB which is quite enough until you are writing very complex or multi-level approval workflow”
We can increase this size using workflow manager PowerShell, Below is the URL to do so for step by step:
But there will always cache will remain after following this above to increase size of workflow, that might be panic in future and probably occur the same error.
To fix this permanently we need to delete workflow cache as well after increasing workflow size.
Below is the step by step solution to fix this issue:
- Close Microsoft workflow designer on the server.
- Open run command and enter below and hit enter.
- Delete everything from above and close this
- Again open run and paste below and hit enter
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache
- Delete everything from above all the file permanently
SharePoint Designer 2010 and 2013: uncheck cache site data across SharePoint designer session
- Open SPD (SharePoint designer), in my case we are using SPD 2013
- Once it will open click on option from left side of SPD page
- It will take you to SharePoint designer Options wizard, here click on Application Option under general tab
- Uncheck the box “Cache site data across SharePoint designer Sessions” and click on ok
This is the steps for clearing cache of workflow and to hopefully resolve SharePoint Designer issue use to occur.