In this post we will discuss how we can display list from SharePoint sub site to the top level site.
Also you can check out my posts on:
Follow below steps:
1. Open list or library that you want to show at the top level site or another site.
2. Click Edit list button to open the list with SharePoint Designer.See in fig.
3. Now the list opens with SharePoint Designer.
4. Here find view and click on all links and click anywhere in Design part than you able to find under List view Tools select WebPart section on ribbon. See in fig
5. When you select WebPart than there is two options first is To site gallery and second is To file.
To Site Gallery: this will save the webpart to the site gallery and you can insert it to any page.
To file: this option will save the webpart as .webpart extension to a file at your computer and you can upload it to a page.
6. I have save it as .webpart file.
7. After one pops up - "Do you want this Web Part to always show list data from the current web site? If you select No, the web part will show data from the list at the path your list location, relative to the site in which it is used." See in fig.
8. Click Yes to save this list to show data from the current website location. Now close the SharePoint Designer.
9. Now you go on top level site follow these step for adding the list as a webpart in Page.
10. Site Actions>Edit page>click Add a webpart
11. Now click upload a webpart section below the categories of webparts. And upload the .webpart file by browsing. See in fig.
12. Now select the web part and click ok. See in fig
13. Now you able to see that list. (See in fig.)