Here we discuss how we sort the folder inside SharePoint 2010 document library. Also you can check out:
For this, we have to create a custom "Folder" content type. Follow the steps:
1. Go to Site Settings. See in fig
2. Click on Site Content Types. See in fig
3. Now click on Create and give the name, what you want. In Parent content type = "folder content type" and then "folder". See in fig
4. Create a new site column to be associated with this new content type. Call it "folder order" and make it a number column. See in fig
5. Now go on your library settings and click on advance settings. Change "allow management of content types" to yes. See in fig
6. In the library settings "content types" section, click to add an existing content type, and pick that created by you call "My new folder". See in fig
7. Now in library advanced settings, change Display "New Folder" command on the New menu to No. See in fig
8. Now add the existing site column in your library. See in fig
9. Now in the "new" document drop-down box there is the ability to create a new folder, and that new folder has a "Sort order" column. See in fig
10. Now add the column with order. See in fig.
11. Now see the folder structure before the sort order.
12. Now sort the folder by folder order column from document library settings. See in fig
13. Now see the folder structure with sorted by folder. See in fig