In this post we will discuss how to create data view web part to a SharePoint page using SharePoint designer 2010. Also you can check out my previous posts on:
Follow below steps to create data view webpart using SharePoint designer:
1. Open your site in sharepoint designer.
2. Click on Edit homepage or you can choose your own location where you want to add the webpart.
3. Now from the ribbon, expand the data view webpart and choose emty data view webpart.
4. Now select data view webpart and click on "click here to add datasource" as shown in the fig below.
5. From the dialog box choose the list/library from where you want to retrieve the data.
6. Now your list with columns will appear at right side.
7. Now choose the columns you want to add at a time and expand the above label and choose as "multiple view". You can hold the Ctrl key to select / deselect columns.
8. Now your selected columns will added into the data view webaprt.
9. Also if you wan to do some filter or sorting then you can click on the data source and you can set the filter in the "Data Source Properties" dialog box.
10. Click on save, now you will able to see your web part on the server.