In SharePoint, we all in our life experience this issue once where many times we are unable to view some of the SharePoint components like missing Profile name, different login name, missing links in web part or any other pages’ contents which usually we can have access. So, this is not related to SharePoint directly and we can have N number of causes but majorly we have an issue in our browser cookie/ cache. And by clearing we can have resolved the issue.
To solve this issue, we can have two approaches to clearing the cache
1) Delete browser history - Go to your browser’s property and check the History and Cookies tab to delete the cache. Below are the ways.
Firefox 7.0 and above:
In Firefox 7.0 and above, for the Mac and PC, you can clear your cookies and cache by completing the following procedure:
1. From the top menu bar select History and then Clear Recent History.
2. In the Time Range to Clear drop down Window select the "Everything" option.
3. Click the down arrow button next to Details and make sure all the check boxes have checks in them. Click the Clear Now button.
4. Close out all browsers before continuing. The new settings will be available once you reopen Firefox.
In Google Chrome, you can clear your cookies and cache by completing the following procedure:
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar or by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + DEL on your keyboard. (NOTE: The Chrome menu button is to the right of the address bar and it has three gray lines in it.)
2. Select More Tools
3. Select Clear browsing data
4. Select "the beginning of time" from the drop-down menu for Obliterate the Following Items From
5. Make sure "Browsing history", "Download history", "Cookies and other site and plugin data" and "Cached images and files" have a check in the checkbox
6. Press the Clear browsing data button
7. Close all browsers before continuing. The new settings will be available once you reopen Chrome.
Go to cookies tab -> click on Remove cookies
As a best practice, we should keep on removing our cache for better browser performance.
Hope this will be helpful.