In this post we will discuss how to assign manager to user from active directory to SharePoint 2010.
Also check out:
Follow below steps:
1. You create all user in active directory include manager also as a user.
2. Assign manager id to user id in ad. Manager entry field is found under organization in user details sections. See in fig
3. After this login to SharePoint site as user.
4. After this go to SharePoint administrator site and here find
Central Administrator -> Application management -> service application -> user profile service application -> People (manage user profile). see in fig
5. After this enter your user name and find your name below and click that user name and edit this user.
6. Now in edit user profile you find manager field and now you assign that manager for this user.
After this you also able to find the manager by workflow