In this post we will discuss how we can add multiple lookup column to a customize SharePoint 2010 list infopath form. Also you can check out my previous posts on:
Sharepoint has limitation that you cant implement more than 8 lookup columns in a form. If you put more than 8 lookup column then you will get the error message as:
This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns it contains exceeds the threshold (8) enforced by Administrator.
This you can solve by increasing the limit in SharePoint central administration. You can see the solution here
Here is another solution without any change in central administration by following the below steps:
- Open list view customized form, then add dropdown list from control task pane.
- Then in the dropdown dialog box select as below and provide your list name column name.
- Now add a textbox and assign the value of dropdownlist into the textbox.
- Click on the dropdownlist-> right click -> Change binding -> from main data source select the textbox -> Ok
- Delete the textbox from the form.
- Now create a data connection from the list where you want to retrive into the dropdownlist.
- Now right click on the dropdownlist -> choose dropdownlist properties and fill up the dialog box as below.
- In the data source select the data connection you created above.
- Now click on Ok.
- Now delete the dropdown list from the right side column to prevent it promoted in the sharepoint list.
- Follow the same step for each dropdownlist.