We have recently migrated from the Moss 2007
to SharePoint Server 2010
and after migration we have several user complain about that they get access Denied error message on accessing parent site collection despite of they are having access on the site.
Error: Access Denied on the site collection level, though they have permissions.
We user to activate a feature in the MOSS 2007 using stsadm -o activatefeature -name “Feature
Name” -url https://siteurl.net/sites/sites, after the site creation to have Branding enabled on it.
After Migration, this feature is automatically activated on the web application level. Hence there is no need to activate it manually to apply standard branding on the newly created site.
- Checked user permission on the group.
- Added the user explicitly to the SharePoint group or individually.
- Removed the user form the site collection and added again.
- Added the user to site collection admin group.
Note: We have seen Master page Gallery on the site collection level is using the unique permissions.
Where as it has to be inherit from the site collection.
- Added the NT Authority\Authenticated Users to the Master Page
Gallery with Read permissions.
- Change the permissions of the site to inherit form the site collection level.
- Add the NT Authority\Authenticated Users to the style library with Read Permissions.